Living a healthy lifestyle, although beneficial and fulfilling, may also be both difficult and expensive. With all the diet programs out there, some often ask for food or materials that may burn a hole in the pocket. For example the juicing and smoothie fads brought on the necessity for high-powered blenders/food processors that can turn pulps and seeds into good, nutritious and easy to drink purees. One of my favorite blender that perfect with my high activities is a bullet blender.
What are bullet blenders?
Bullet blenders are compact blenders. The blender’s blending cups are often shaped like a bullet, hence the name. This type of blender is marketed as a space-saving appliance as it is relatively smaller than normal blenders and significantly smaller than food processors. Bullet blenders work the same way as regular blenders with blades being the primary element for crushing, pureeing and blending of foods and sometimes liquids too.
Things to consider when choosing a bullet blender
The bullet blender market offers a wide array of choices. Being bombarded with so many products claiming to be the best at what they do, it is easy to get lost and confused about which bullet blender would really fit a buyer’s needs and budget.
Generally, there are four things a buyer should consider when choosing a bullet blender: (1) purpose of use, (2) price, (3) quality of output and (4) wattage/power.
First, buyers must consider for what purpose would they use a bullet blender. Is it for a juicing business? Does it need to be portable? Will it be used for just low-key, at-home blending?
Second, is the price. Most bullet blenders retail at $40 to a few hundred dollars depending on the wattage and add-ons. Are you only looking for trying out bullet blenders and is not willing to spend too much money? Or are you looking for an investment as you plan on incorporating juicing to your health plan?
Third, is the quality of the output. Different blenders (at different price points and wattage) produce different consistencies of purees and smoothies.
The last criterion is related to the third as the higher the wattage of the blender is, the finer the purees it will make.
To follow is a list of bullet blenders with short reviews and sum up of specifications to serve as a mini-guide to those out there still groping about which brand of bullet blender to purchase.
Bullet blenders for specific needs
1. Magic Bullet
- Price: $40.99
- Wattage: 250 watts
- Output Quality: Mostly smooth green smoothies but contains some bits | Decent chops on almonds but bits grains still a bit big
- Perfect for: People who are looking to try bullet blenders for the first time with little budget. Being lightweight, this is also perfect for chefs who travel with some of their gear.
- Price: $99
- Wattage: 600 watts (comes in higher watts at also higher prices)
- Output Quality: Smooth-textured smoothies without skin or seed lumps | Fairly creamy hummus
- Perfect for: Health-conscious people who can spend more for an all-around blender. But this may be too expensive for those looking to just try out bullet blenders.
3. BioChef Nutriboost
- Price: $77.48
- Wattage: 900 watts
- Output Quality: Small grains of almond | Perfectly pureed fruits
- Perfect for: Those who are looking for a middle ground on price range and capacity. For those who think the he MagicBullet may not do the heavy work but is not willing to pay for the $99 NutriBullet.
4. Vitamix S30
- Price: $399
- Wattage: 840 watts
- Output Quality: Perfectly pureed smoothies of fruits | Perfect grain of almond blends
- Perfect for: Juice bars selling purees. This will definitely get the job done. The Vitamix S30 is also perfect for those who want to incorporate blended food into their long-term diets and are willing to invest a huge amount of money.
Different needs and monetary capacities entail different bullet blender choices. These are just some of the best out there in the market but the guide tries to give a diverse overview of what are available. The favorite chosen by me and some other customer is either Ninja Bullet or Nutribullet they compete so tightly and proved to provide best performance in bullet blender market.
In other side, there are bullet blenders for about every possible need a person might have for their diet programs or just for everyday use. You can also refer to this website to get some more information regarding other bullet blenders review. At least for now that you have an idea of criteria to assess the kind of blender you need, it’s time to go out there, get one and start a healthy and well-blended lifestyle.